Description: Experienced ice climber Dave Everson will present a one of a kind program and look at ice climbing in the Midwest! Join us for this unique look into the world of ice climbing found here at Starved Rock State Park and throughout the United States.
Date: February 6, 2022
Location: Starved Rock Visitor’s Center
Registration required: No
Description: What better way to showcase your artistic talent than by showing your paintings or drawings of natural landscapes, state park features, and North American wildlife off at the Starved Rock Art Show! Entry form can be found below with further information.
Date: February 1st-28th, 2022
Registration required: Entry Form
Description: Do you like to draw or paint? Work on a bald eagle art piece to submit with entry from this December 26th-31st, 2021 that will go on display in the Starved Rock Junior Art Show at the Starved Rock Visitor Center. Every entry will get a prize bag of “bald eagle” information, activities, and more.
Date: January 2nd-31st, 2022
Registration required: Entry Form
- Pre-Registration Only.
- Tickets are FREE
- Further information and registration can be found at https://www.eventbrite.com/d/united-states–illinois/starved-rock/
- Registration opens 1 month before each program date at 8 a.m.
- 6th, Geology Hike with tour guide Joe Jakupcak.
- 7th, Incredible Critters: bats, sugar gliders, and more! by Sharon and Daniel Peterson
- 13th, Hike with an Historian led by historian and author Mark Walczynski.
- 1st-31st, Starved Rock Photography Contest and Show Entry Form
- 11th, Starved Rock Saplings Storytime for Tots-OWLS!
- 12th, Art in the Park Workshop-OWLS!
- 22nd, Winter Solstice Night Hike-St. Louis Canyon
- January 2nd-31st, Starved Rock Junior Art Show (bald eagles)
- January 2nd, Bird of Prey Live Show
- January 8th, Starved Rock Saplings Storytime (bald eagles)
- January 29th and 30th, Eagle Watch Weekend
- February 1st-28th, Starved Rock Art Show
- February 6th, Midwest Ice Climbing Presentation
- February 12th, Starved Rock Saplings Storytime (animal tracks)
- March 6th, Starved Rock Murders presentation and book signing by author Steve Stout
- March 12th, Starved Rock Saplings Storytime (maple syruping)
- April 3rd, Live Reptile and Amphibian Show by Dave’s Traveling Reptile Show
- April 10th, Art in the Park Workshop with Park Naturalist and artist Lisa Sons (Illinois Canyon bluebells)
- April 30th and May 1st, Wildflower Walks with a Naturalist Spring Event
- May 1st-31st, Flights of Fancy -Bird Photography Show
- May 14th & 15th, Falconry with Rich Escutia (live birds of prey) outside program
- June 4th, National Trails Day Celebration
- June 18 & 19th, Falconry with Rich Escutia (live birds of prey) outside program
- July 16th & 17th, Falconry with Rick Escutia (live birds of prey) outside program
- July 30th, Junior Ranger Day
- August 13th & 14th, Falconry with Rich Escutia (live birds of prey) outside program
- September 10th & 11th, Falconry with Rich Escutia (live birds of prey) outside program
- September 11th, Art in the Park Workshop with Park Naturalist and artist Lisa Sons (Fall Colors)
- October 2nd, Mushrooms of Illinois, A Photographic Journey Through the Seasons
- October 15th & 16th, Fall Colors Special Event Weekend
- October 29th, Ghosts of Starved Rock’s Past
- November 6th, Big Wolf Run Ranch (live animal program)
- November 12th & 13th, Women’s Wilderness Workshop
- December 1st-31st, Starved Rock Photography Show
- December 4th, Director of Anthropology, Illinois State Museum, Logan Pappenfort (presentation theme/title to be announced)