We want to make sure you have a good experience and protect nature.
Your Safety is important to us!
- Be responsible and don’t put yourself in danger
- Make sure people know where you are, have a hiking buddy, or stay with your group
- Use the trail maps to make sure you know where you are
- Bring enough water to keep hydrated, sunscreen, and bug repellant
- Know your limits! Don’t push yourself beyond your physical abilities
- All pets need to be leashed and controlled. They may be a baby with you with but turn into a fire breathing dragon if they think you are being threatened.
- Look at the weather forecast and wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the season and terrain. Illinois weather is known to change 40 degrees in a day.
- If you see someone that is putting themselves or someone else in danger, please report them to the conservation police at (815) 667-4726
In order to insure a safe visit please be aware of Park Rules:
- NO rock climbing anywhere in Park.
- Stay on the marked trails.
- NO swimming or wading in canyon pools or the river.
- Do not deface canyon walls with etchings, paint, or markers.
- NO littering; bring trash to receptacles by parking areas.
- ALL ARE ILLEGAL AND FINES CAN BE ISSUED.