Join the conversation!
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.
Donate funds or resources
The Starved Rock Foundation through generous donations from people like you help further funding for park programs, events, and interpretive materials such as exhibits, maps, and signage found throughout the park.
Through your generosity education and enjoyment of the outdoors can continue at Starved Rock State Park. We need your help!
Make checks payable to:
Starved Rock Foundation
P.O. Box 398
Utica, IL 61373
How donations are helping
You will be surprised in what can make a difference with keeping this fabulous system running. It is not only about financial assistance but also about people and gifts-in-kind. Look over some of the items below to get an idea of what types of items have helped in the past. We thank you for all of your kind gifts and generosity.
Examples of donated items
- 8 Upbeat park benches ($6070)
- Nikon D100 digital camera ($2740.20)
- Dell Latitude D800 laptop and case ($1759)
- Dell Dimension 4700 desktop ,Dell 962 all-in-one printer, External floppy drive ($1924.55)
- 3M overhead projector ($360)
- Microsoft Office with PowerPoint and Print Shop Deluxe Software ($189.98)
- Hotpoint refrigerator ($230)
- Emerson microwave oven ($69.88)
- Civilian Conservation Corps, historical exhibit in partnership with a grant from the Daughters of the American Revolution ($2,000)
- Trail maps ($24,000)
- Eagle and Pelican display ($400)
- Taxidermy, mammal display case ($$$$)
Examples of donated services
- $2000 for video production of “The Recent History of the Illinois Indians”
- $500 to Illinois Audubon Society (Starved Rock Audubon Chapter) for the Eagle Watch Weekend
- $500 to the Utica Gazebo Fund (2004 tornado)
- $1200 for Sunday Programs
Donate your time
Whether for a one time event or as an ongoing member of the foundation, we could use your help!
About the Starved Rock Foundation
The Starved Rock Foundation is a friends group that supports the state park through educational programs, supplies, exhibit updates, leading hikes, trail walkers, front desk support, bookstore, and other labors of love. It is a volunteer-run organization. The Foundation and the staff at the park work hand-in-hand to provide a positive park experience. Without them, the Visitor’s Center, guided hikes, and programs could not happen. You can be part of this team!