Saturday, October 17, 2020
Pre-Registration Only. Please visit www.eventbrite.com to register.
Hikes leave the Visitor Center at 9:30 a.m. There are several hike options to choose from at www.eventbrite.com.
Park staff and volunteer naturalists will guide visitors to various areas of the park where they will identify various tree species found in our woodlands, animal habitats and signs, and go over how leaves change color in the fall, as well as Native American Legends surrounding seasonal changes.
There will be a 30 minute slide presentation at the Visitor Center for those who are unable to hike to see the fall colors.
By Park Staff and Volunteer Naturalists
- Sold out – Sept 7: Labor Day Holiday Hike
- Sold out- Sept 20: Starved Rock September Sunset Equinox Hike
- Sold out – Oct 17: Fall Colors Hikes
- Sold out – Oct 24: Ghosts of Starved Rock’s Past
- Dec 5-13: Starved Rock Photography Show and Contest
- Sold out – Dec 21: Sunset Winter Solstice Hike
- Live Hawk Shows by Falconer Rich Escutia
- 1-3 p.m. outside of the Visitor Center by the Eagles Roost Cabin.
- August: 29th and 30th
- September: 12th and 13th
- October: 17th and 18th